Monday, September 2, 2019

Science Fair

Things happen.
For example, I did my annual ART ON 45 fundraiser in March, had a show at FW Gallery in Baton Rouge soon after, then went to see my family in Germany, came back to teach five weeks of summer art camps and workshops in my studio, and now it's September, the month when I do thirty paintings in thirty days.

So this is Day 1.
Inspired by the fact that school is back on, I made a piece about science fairs, where kids get prizes for the fancy projects that their parents made for them, in the name of love.

In "Science Fair" a white male torso in a strait jacket is mounted to a little table. Yes, this man stays put. No more uninvited exploration, no more meddling in other people's businesses, no more overstepping boundaries. A nifty little invention, yet long awaited. Clear winner, hands down.


Mixed media: acrylics, ink, book clippings, fly leaves, edges of book pages, thread, on cradled wood panel, 11"x14".

No comments:

Post a Comment