Monday, November 12, 2018

Dominos

Yes, the art sale went well. I sold a number of prints in various sizes and met a lot of people who were interested in my art. The evening before the sale, I actually sold one of the pieces that I had already displayed at the art sale venue. So I took it back and delivered it today to a sweet woman who really loved the image and the story behind.

It's about this one: "The Things I Know About Mr. Lee", a collage that I made last year after the old shaggy house of someone that I had named Mr. Lee had burnt down. I never found out what happened and if Mr. Lee was still alive. I love to remember him, he often played dominos in his front yard, he kept some extra chairs outside for company. And he grew vegetables.

I know that my piece has gone to the right person because she shares the same sweet memories of him. Like me, she would wave at him, smile at him, and he would smile back. She also never found out his name or what happened to him after the fire.

There is something so sentimental about dominos. I have lots of them in my studio. Whenever I find used ones, I pick them up. I was looking at my domino piles recently and decided to make something out of them.

So, for the people who have been disappointed that I am not making the cute little stuff anymore, I made ornaments from dominos and other wooden game pieces.

Get them while they are still warm.








1 comment: