Friday, November 2, 2018

Quiet Places

30 Paintings in 30 Days - I always enjoy this challenge. The consequential "30 Frames in 30 Days" is kind of fun too. Thanks to my husband's amazing woodworking skills, I am in the wonderful position of getting a beautiful floater frame for each piece I make.

Apart from the hefty task of staining all those frames multiple times, installing the wires and hundreds of spacers, it is very rewarding to help each piece get into its final glorious wooden home.

Yesterday after dinner, Markus and I worked on the last eight pieces at the kitchen table while listening to one of the more recent Bob Dylan albums. It was pretty quiet otherwise.

Mona was already asleep, and Jacob was lounging in the living room, simultaneously consuming youtube videos and Gumball episodes. Between songs we heard those tiny voices. 

Bob was having his last words when we finished too. Yes, finished! Let's enjoy this moment of silence for a moment. Because tomorrow will be another day, new and full and loud.

Mom, can we watch something? Maybe the Quiet Place? How ironic. So, okay, we did, just for half an hour. Markus, Jacob, and I turned this eerie picture on, to watch a family living in fearful silence.

2 comments:

  1. Those frames are gorgeous. Believe me, I'm an ex framing professional. LOL. :) They look great. So, you seal your pieces then? So fun to see them all again, I had to go to pinterest and look at my board of your work... LOVE. Congratulations on a job well done, and on finding a few precious minutes of blessed quiet :) have a super weekend Christiane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sheila! And yes, I seal my pieces (usually 8 coats of varnish ...)

    ReplyDelete