Monday, October 1, 2018

Endtable

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day Thirty:  "Endtable"

I've been wanting to make a trauma piece, and here it is. For some reason I associate trauma with these particular colors I've chosen. The square room is soaring, or it is in some sort of a vaccuum. It may be hard to see on the photo - the person huddling at the bottom is holding her hands over her ears. Her feet are resting on an endtable.

I used lots of elements of a vintage furniture layout kit to create the landslide in her home. To add dimension, I blackened all sides of each shape with an ink pad.

Because of the build-up of the many shapes, the person is actually sitting in a cave.

"Endtable"
Mixed media: acrylics, vintage furniture layout kit, storybook clipping, ink, on canvas panel, 20" x 16"

3 comments:

  1. Overwhelm, solitude, precarious footing. Wow! Powerful piece Christiane! Congratulations on a fabulous month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila. Personally, I think this is my best piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you may be right Christiane ;)

    ReplyDelete