Sunday, October 1, 2017

Ancestry

Day 30

of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge by artist Leslie Saeta.

Yes, this is number 30! Got it done, and it was quite fantastic, at least most of the times. I don't really mind the time pressure, generally I work well with deadlines. I hardly have blocks ever but sometimes I run into the problem that my original concept that seemed simply perfect, just wouldn't work out at the end for this or that reason. Therefore I have a few unfinished pieces now that I need to think about some time.



Anyways, here is my last piece for this challenge, "Ancestry." I made it to remember our foremothers that are often forgotten. And because matryoshkas are cute.

 "Ancestry"
Acrylics, ink, storybook clippings, on canvas panel, 8" x 8"

Thank you again, Leslie Saeta, for hosting the 30-in-30 challenge. It has been so interesting to see your daily beautiful piece as well as all the amazing works of so many different artists from so many parts of the world. Thanks for having me!

1 comment:

  1. LOve this!! I have always wanted a set of those dolls. Saw one when I was about seven, and the bright colors, and very idea of surprise inside just fascinated me. :) Love your interpretation :) I commented on a previous post too...

    ReplyDelete