Wednesday, September 15, 2021

350 Puzzles

September used to be the month when I produce 30 pieces in 30 days. Last year I decided to take it slow. Because - you know. I still worked intensely during the challenge but I tried to breathe more and to focus on my inner peace. I completed a good number of images for my "Earth" series, not 30 but maybe seven or eight. - Meanwhile I'm at my last Earth piece. It's been resting in my studio, halfway done, because at some point I realized that I underestimated the time that I will need to finish my residency project: "How We Connect."
350 spheres have to be covered with names. I can fit ten names on the tiniest sphere, 1/4". Currently, I am at the 2 1/4" size balls which probably have room for 500 names each. Finding and clipping the names is one thing, but pasting on the names is what makes the process so incredibly time-consuming because it's about finding the right sizes of names for certain spots on each sphere. Because the way how the names are arranged says something about the group they represent and about the constellation of its members. Who is connected with whom? Therefore I try to avoid any overlapping of names, I want every name to be readable. And I don't want wrinkles. That's 350 puzzles to solve.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That is a lot of guidelines. And how hard is it to get a nice press, and no wrinkles??!! Bravo for the conception, the process, and the attention to each and every detail! Awesome already Christiane!:)

    ReplyDelete