Thursday, October 3, 2019

How 'bout Them Apples


My sample
After this very intense 30-in-30 September, I'm slowly getting back to normal. This morning I had a friend over for coffee and we talked for a couple hours about this and that. It felt strange to do "nothing" but it sure was a good strange feeling.


I haven't cleaned up my studio yet. There is still lots of paper scraps on the floor and tables and everywhere in between. I kind of enjoy the aftermath, it's the only kind of mess I can live with, at least for a while. But still, I have to make things nice again in my studio because I am going to start a weekly after-school art group in two weeks. I am excited about this particular group of students, because they know and like each other and I like them, and we all love art and being together. That's a fine starting point.

Speaking of art classes, I taught a number of art camps for older kids (10 to 13) this summer, and I haven't shared any pictures yet. These apple cores, for example, are one of the projects from my "Illusions" art camp. These are true conversation pieces. See it?

1 comment: