Sunday, October 20, 2019

Speaking of Beer

2016 ART ON 45: "1 Beer 4 Six Dollars"
Saturday's ARToberfest was fun, of course. Lots of people were there that I hadn't seen in quite a while, and it was nice to catch up.

I had a delicious Chindian meal, some very delicious stouts, and my wonderful husband Markus with me.

I also won things: two movie tickets, and a voucher for one hour of math tutoring, grades 7 through college calculus, well, look at that.

2017 ART ON 45: "Don't Worry Baby"
And: "My Cup of Tea" got the most votes in the beer-related art show, which earned me free admission for Markus and me to the next ARToberfest. That's quite lovely.

I'm currently working on my ART ON 45 project, and I'm doing it as much as I can because I leave this Tuesday for Germany for two weeks to see my parents.

The ART ON 45 event itself is in mid-March next year, so there's a lot of time between now and then. However, with an art project like this, there is always things to plan and prepare, especially this time around, because it's going to be its fifth anniversary. For me, it's always a year-round project for sure. But I wouldn't do it, if I weren't enjoying it. Right?

2018 ART ON 45: "He Said, He Was Sorry"
I have received the first two submissions already, and they are very fabulous. I'm sure, the juror will think so, too.

My first ART ON 45 piece was about beer, by the way: "1 Beer 4 Six Dollars." 

2019 ART ON 45: "Believe in Me"
It was inspired by my life in Germany, thirty years ago or so. I was thinking about Hamburg in particular, when I made  it. One of the cities that never sleep. I was young and groovy, and loved to dance. I remembered the many nights when I went out with friends to disco and came home when the sun was coming up already. None of us had much money, at five or six in the morning we would be emptying our pockets only to realize that our small cash wouldn't buy us another beer. Time to go home.

Tired and wide-awake. - Not so much different from my present life, when I think about it. I should dance more often though.






5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these with us Christiane :) First time for me to see most of them, and I love them all. Eager to see the next one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. birre online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Variety is key! Having the same beer on tap or in bottles and never bringing in new beer leads to stagnant drinking. birra Belgian Ale

    ReplyDelete