Thursday, October 17, 2019

My Cup of Tea, indeed

So tomorrow is the night of the annual ARToberfest here in town, and I am quite excited about it. As the name suggests, it is a beer event, and my husband and I love beer, yes, - well, if it's good beer, that is, and as Germans we are certainly spoiled in this department. Anyways, the ARToberfest is one of the big fundraisers of our local Arts Council, and the funds are used to make lots of fun and interesting art opportunities and events happen in our community, so, of course we love to support it.


It's a significant anniversary of the ARToberfest, therefore this year's motto is "10 Years of Beer." Usually it's just a fun night spent with tasty beers made by passionate home brewers and micro breweries, fabulous live music, and lots of beer people to hang out with. This year there will also be a show of beer-related art. There was a call for artists in this matter, and during my recent 30-works-in-30-days challenge I made "My Cup of Tea" to enter. Guests can vote on their favorite pieces, and I assume there is a little something to win here. Maybe I will even sell the rabbit, we'll see.


I am about to finish the framing. I have used white stain for a change, usually I use black only. I like the white frame for this particular piece though, I think, it works well. What do you think?


1 comment:

  1. It looks great Christiane! I hope you both have fun :) Fingers crossed for a ribbon and a sale! Sending prayers :)

    ReplyDelete