Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Back to Life

A few weeks ago, I did a little art project with the young party guests of my daughter Mona who just turned 8. At the end of the party, one of the moms, who came to pick up their children, said, oh wow, this is terrific, you should have a blog to post all the art things you are making and doing. Yes, I should, shouldn't I?

Good thing, I have a blog already. But I haven't posted anything for a while, I guess I was just lazy or forgetful. That shall change, especially since so many art things are happening in my life right now, and it is getting even more exciting by the day. In short: I have been trying to evolve as an artist and establish myself, and things seem to work out nicely. I am going to try to post daily from now on, especially since I had my blog address printed on my beautiful new business cards.

My kids' screen owls plus my sample (top right).
I think, I will attach them to a tree trunk. They look quite nice against bark.

Okay, so this is the little art project from Mona's party I have mentioned earlier. I came up with this screen owl because, especially for kids, I like to design projects that involve a variety of interesting materials, that require different hand movements and tools, and that always turn out wonderful. And Mona loves owls and so do many of her friends, therefore an owl project seemed to be perfect. I am glad that I have so many odd supplies in my studio, where I found everything that I needed: window screen scraps, wires and pipe cleaners, some copper foil, empty soda cans and embossing tools, lots of old and new buttons, triangular beads, hair clips, and sun-bleached twigs that I had picked up in Arizona when we went on a family road trip to the Grand Canyon four years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment