Friday, June 30, 2017

First Things First



I finished another sample yesterday: This little papermache box is going to be the main project of the "Ndebele Houses" art camp. I think, I went a little bit overboard with the details considering the age group of my students (8-11). On the other side I have seen my students do amazing things as soon as they understand the concept and techniques. And, especially in this age group, they love to get lost in details.
 
There is going to be a third project, an Ndebele Doll, which is going to be small or even tiny, depending on how much time we'll have left before the camp week is over. I can't worry about that one today though, as I need to spend some time with a dog.


Objective: design a bulldog sculpture.
Overall goal: be selected and win $1000.
Deadline: today at 5pm.
That gives me six hours. Okay, let's make some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment