Saturday, June 10, 2017

Trade Days

I love things, especially the ones that have somehow lost their purpose or function. Like this brave little hedgehog in knickerbockers that didn't have his arms anymore when I got it. Or this old notebook that I found with most of its pages stuck together so that the few readable entries leave you with a wonderful peculiar story.

Needless to say that I love going to places where I may find such marvellous items. So today we all went to the "Big Creek Trade Days" in a nearby little town. It was successful in many ways, as it was a beautiful sunny not too hot day, and I found a colander-like aluminum object that probably came from some old appliance, and a bonsai to replace my daughter's tiny tree that I had forgotten to water one time too many.


The most wonderful trade, however, had nothing to do with those Trade Days but happened yesterday in a local coffee shop where I met Peter Jones for an exchange. Peter Jones is such a fantastic painter and photographer, and I admire his work very much in particular because of its exceptional storytelling qualities that just speak to me. He made a beautiful print of his recent "Self Portrait, Highway 61 outside of Baton Rouge" for me, and, in return, he asked for my "Portals." I am thrilled! And honored. Thank you, Peter.

2 comments: