Monday, June 19, 2017

On Stage

Yesterday I went back to the stage to finish one of the set pieces for the Lion King musical. The elephant graveyard that I had started painting on Friday needed some shading and grass details, so I did that. 


My daughter's got a small part in the Lion King; she has no lines but nevertheless the time of her life. My husband was asked to take some pictures during today's dress rehearsals, and this way I was lucky to get a little preview of Mona dancing with a large but friendly looking praying mantis on her head. Who wouldn't love that.

Tomorrow, our family is going to see the show with Mona's performance for the first time, and we are quite thrilled. And before that, we are going to attend the opening reception of the "Peach Art Exhibition" for which I had submitted my "Undo" sculpture. The award winners will be announced during this event. Who knows, maybe I have a chance. It sure would be nice.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment