Sunday, February 2, 2020

Birth

Day 2 of the February 30-in-30 challenge.

I like the idea of our planet being exhaled, it's an image that I have had in my head for a long time. With this one I went a little further and made the fish blow smoke rings. Of course, smoking something, no matter what, is not cool these days. However, the seaweed seems impressed.

Like yesterday, I used the back of the hardcover of one of my "LIFE" World Library books as a basis. I made a half circle cut into the fish mouth so the Earth would appear to be coming out of it.


I like to incorporate sewing threads into my work, especially the ones which used to belong to my grandmother. She used to make dresses for my sister and me when we were children. My grandmother left 25 years ago, and I miss her still so much. Using her threads in my work makes me feel more connected to her and I want to believe that she is feeling that too.

"Birth"
Storybook clippings, sewing thread, ink, on the back of the hardcover of a 1960's LIFE World Library book, 8" x 10"


 


1 comment:

  1. Lovely story Christiane :) I think she does too ;) Smoking is frowned upon, but blowing bubbles is always perfectly acceptable. LOL :)

    ReplyDelete