Thursday, February 13, 2020

Rock Me

#7 of the 30-in-30 challenge.

This rocking chair - what a find! I love the 50s design so much. And yet this piece of furniture certainly does not speak comfort and love. This piece of furniture neither invites an old lady to knit a pair of socks, nor does it serve an overtired mother to fall asleep while nursing her newborn baby. 

I like how the troubled Earth is sitting quietly in the chair. I don't like the fact that the Earth who is in severe need of love and comfort is not able to rock herself to peace.

Interestingly, from far the image looks like a pregnant chick. Let's think about that for a while.



"Rock Me"
Clipping from an antique guide, ink, on hardcover back of a 1960's LIFE World Library book.

2 comments:

  1. LOOVVEE! I love this chair too, but would never buy one for exactly those reasons. I want a chair that is comfortable. LOL :) Love your post, pregnant chick... Ah-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, right? - I love this optical illusion of the chick, so unintended but welcome.
    Thank you, Sheila!

    ReplyDelete