Saturday, September 17, 2016

Infertility

 
 

Day 17 of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge: "Infertility"

When I did the "Portals" (Day 13) I used yellowed book pages for the floors of the padded room, and I really liked the look and feel of it. For this piece I applied the same technique for the dress to give my "Infertility" a mummy-like yet festive appearance.

My idea was to make "infertility" into an allegory comparable with the allegories of the seasons, for example, or with Lady Justice. Therefore I wanted to give her a classy and confident appearance rather than a pitiful sad look. After all, it is, what it is. And it's okay.

Mixed media: watercolor, ink, yellowed pages and clippings from storybooks on watercolor canvas panel, 12" x 9".

4 comments:

  1. Pure genius, Christiane. Every element is significant here and, on top of that, a beautifully composed and coloured painting.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sharon! These 30 days have been really good for me, and I think especially with this one I am closer to know what I want to do next.

    ReplyDelete