Tuesday, September 20, 2016

The Long Count

 

Day Twenty: "The Long Count" (30 Paintings in 30 Days)

I can relate to the Mayan Calendar (the "Long Count") because for a few weeks I have been feeling like I am thrown into a different time dimension. Part of it is certainly the 30-in-30 project which is intense, and my mind is always there.

The other part is that I have started going to "CrossFit". I never thought I would. I never thought I actually would! So now I am finding myself constantly counting. How many dead lifts, push-ups, or American kettle bell swings will I do, how far will I row? How many ounces of water have I had today? How many years have I gained?

These are my work-out shoes. I really wanted red ones. Like Andersen's "The Red Shoes" that couldn't stop dancing.

Mixed media: watercolor, ink, book clippings, on water color canvas panel, 12" x 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment