Thursday, September 26, 2019

Diversion

Day 24 of the 30-in-30 challenge.

I titled this little piece "Diversion" even though it would have been more accurate if I had added "... from the Facts." I didn't do it because that would have sounded over-the-top yet very boring.

Anyways, who would have thought that the entire controversy about creationism versus evolution theory would fit just fine into the small center hole of a 45rpm record sleeve?


I am very pleased with how this piece turned out. It is such a simple composition but it works very well in terms of shapes and colors, I think. You may also have noticed that the center makes a googly eye. Well, would you look at that!

Mixed media: acrylics, EPIC record sleeve, storybook clipping, cut-out from a science teaching book, on cradled wood panel, 10" x 10"

1 comment: