Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Pain

Day 3 of the 30-in-30 challenge.

I was a lot more focused today than yesterday and the day before. Which doesn't make any sense really because I had only four hours of sleep last night. But I didn't feel tired during the day, just not very friendly or social. I had lots of coffee and many kind bars. They are kind, so that's okay.

I am quite pleased with this piece. I think, the colors are good and the composition is right, and I delivered my message.

The figure is from an 80's book about body fitness, I don't quite remember what it was supposed to demonstrate in particular. But to me this person looked like she/he was ready to face pain, to deal with it, and wear it like a gown.

So I cut out a few hundred O's, and each one of them may stand for a certain kind of pain, from a surprising little discomfort to that severe emotional pain that most people will know, sooner or later.

I used one O to make a mouth. There is so much pain everywhere, it has to come out and be shared and be heard.


"Pain"
Mixed media: acrylics, clippings from books and magazines, on cradled wood panel, 11"x14"





1 comment: