Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Turn Me on

Day 11 of the 30-in-30 challenge

And, yes, I have caught up! That's a very nice feeling, especially because tomorrow is going to be a full day for me, and I won't have much time to work in my studio.

Anyways, I made another romantic piece: An ostrich and a gramophone bird - that means, love is in the air. 

For the back wall, I harvested some pages from my French romance novel that I like to use in such situations. Please notice, how it repeatedly says "L'Amour" at the top. This novel is so perfect in terms of size and texture and yellowing; a friend got it for me from one of the bouquinistes (outdoor book sellers at the Seine river) in Paris several years ago.

The quote is from Cat in the Hat.




Mixed media: book pages, random grayish paper scraps, book clippings, ink, on cradled wood panel, 11" x 14"

3 comments: