Monday, September 11, 2017

Coming Out

Day 11

of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.

I'm back on track, yes! Here is my 11th piece for Day 11: "Coming Out."

Again, I used a record sleeve as an anchor. I really enjoyed using that old RCA record sleeve recently for my "Night and Day" (Day 7) , and I have so many ideas of how I want to use the other beautiful sleeves that I have collected over the years. For "Coming Out" I chose a Capital sleeve. I remember that I found it in the musty corner of a tiny thrift store somewhere in the South of this country, and I also remember that it was surprisingly pricy, oh well. So I thought I would use it for something special one day.

I think, "Coming Out" may be that special occasion, because I believe that one of the most important things in life is to find out who you are and be okay with it. People may not like it but that's alright.

"Coming Out"
Acrylics, record sleeve, book clippings, on canvas panel, 12" x 12"

1 comment: