Saturday, September 2, 2017

Last Supper

Day 2

of the "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge!



The chickens are having dinner, or better: One chicken is having dinner, while the others are serving - happily or not. Quite soon, they will all end up as dinner themselves, so their happiness and roles don't really matter - or do they?

By the way, I enjoyed including the little humpty dumpty here because he always reminds me of this very odd dream that I had just before I gave birth to my son Jacob ten years ago. I dreamed that I would give birth not to an actual baby but to a gigantic sperm cell with arms and legs. Hobby psychiatrists, feel free to analyze.

"Last Supper"
Watercolor, ink, storybook clippings on canvas panel, 12"x16"

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see something truly original! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laurelle! I'm glad you enjoy it. :-) - The works that I find under muditaart, is that all yours? I love everything I'm seeing there.

      Delete
    2. Yes, they are. Thank you for coming to look!

      Delete
  2. Christiane!! I love the stories that make your painting so fun and whimsical. The brown hen with the knife looks like she's dancing to the table excited to eat or be eaten lol

    ReplyDelete