Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Make Room

Day 5

of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.

My daughter woke me up early in the morning to let me know that there was something really disgusting in the living room. Half of a gecko was lying there, neatly placed between the half-done spiderman puzzle on the floor and the old black collapsible chair with the half-attached seat cushion that has already lost half of its plushy filling. I loved the obvious "half" theme here, so intriguing, and I think I will do a "half" theme piece very soon. I already have a clear picture in my head.

Anyways, this is my piece for today: "Make Room." I wanted to do something based on the concept that a room is constructed by the person creating the room by placing herself or himself in it. In this case by the tiny dancer.

"Make Room"
Acrylics, ink, book clippings, on canvas panel, 9" x 12"










1 comment:

  1. Love the vintage boy :) I loved the half room in Willy Wonka. (I know, I keep giving away my age huh. LOL) Looking forward to seeing you ideas :)

    ReplyDelete