Friday, September 1, 2017

Fortune

Day 1

So, I have signed up again for the "30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge" hosted by artist Leslie Saeta. I really enjoyed doing it last year, it was a very intense and very valuable experience. I learned so much, I found my process and my style. And I will say, I have been quite successful ever since. I have sold nearly all of my 30 paintings and more, and I had the chance to have a few small pieces in a group exhibit a few months ago. Next Spring I am going to have a solo show even. And did I say, that I received an Honorary Mention for my sculpture "Undo?" Needless to say that all this makes me very happy. I am a visual writer, a storyteller, and I found my listeners. I found my art home, that's a good place to be.

Inspired by all this, I made "Fortune." For years I have been keeping this wisdom in my wallet that came from a fortune cookie: "Fear is just excitement in need of an attitude adjustment." This "fortune" - being in control of your fear - has got so relevant these days. To consider fear a rational choice and not an emotional state of mind, didn't quite occur to me before for some reason, at least I wasn't applying it to myself or my own life. I keep reminding myself.

"Fortune" - acrylics, ink, book clippings, fortune cookie fortune, on canvas panel, 12"x9".

4 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about this!!! I can't wait to add more of your paintings to my house!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachael, I can't tell you how much I enjoy doing this. And how much I appreciate it that you like it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on all of your success! Wooo Whooo! This is so fun, and magical! Your little creatures are all so lovable :)

    ReplyDelete