Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Is That You?

Day 13

of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge.


After yesterday's Musical Chairs I had to breathe, so I made  something small. Here it is: something small - yet with big content. Because it has to do with identity, and with this awkward situation of when you run into someone that you haven't seen for a very long time, and the first thing you hear is about your appearance. Wow, you are looking good, that's probably a compliment. Or - hey, look at you, how have you been, which translates into: you are looking terrible. Anyways, situations like these always make me think about what I have in common with the me from let's say twenty years ago. What makes me me and you you are certainly interesting matters to think about and questions that never get old. 

"Is That You?"
Watercolor, ink, book clippings, on watercolor paper, 9.5" x 5.5"

2 comments:

  1. Love her regal pose! My good friend's mother always tells me I look like I have lost weight. It is her go to compliment. My friend and I just look at each other, and try not to crack up until after she leaves ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the "you lost weight" comment seems to be the ultimate compliment these days. Some people probably just want to say something nice and that's the "safest" thing they can come up with. Sigh.

      Delete