Thursday, September 28, 2017

Stand Up

Day 27

of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge by Leslie Saeta.

Yesterday, I dropped off a few donation items at my favorite thrift store and, of course, I had to step into this paradise for a little while, too. I found a few very interesting things, among those an old copy of Robinson Crusoe which I already used today.


I made this little piece about the idea of liberty and the necessity and ability to stand up for your rights.

I incorporated several Robinson pages to make the house walls. I thought, the male neoclassical economic perspective reflected an accurate context for this hard working woman.
 
"Stand Up"
Watercolor, ink, pages and clippings from books and magazines, on watercolor panel, 12" x 12"



1 comment:

  1. Love it :) I have been meaning to check out Goodwill. The one near us is huge and I always find some sort of treasure. (s) LOL. Congrats Christiane, you made it!

    ReplyDelete