Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hide and Seek

Day 19

of the 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge by artist Leslie Saeta.

I have a lot of works in progress but for some reason I have been struggling with little details here and there and cannot finish the pieces as fast as I thought I would. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the multitude of all those fantastic possibilities.

Anyways, I made "Hide and Seek," which is an homage to one of my favorite artists, Paul Klee.

In one of his famous paintings, a "Red Balloon" ascends from a cubist city. I wanted to do the opposite and made a fish plopping into the sea of houses.

The most part of my life I lived in big cities. I loved it, even though I didn't always find what I was seeking there. But I could hide when I wanted to.

"Hide and Seek"
Oil pastels, acrylic, book clippings, on watercolor paper,  8.5" x 11"

No comments:

Post a Comment