Friday, September 7, 2018

He Said He Was Sorry

Well, I'm still working on my Day Seven piece ... I've been quite occupied with lots of other things all day, so I didn't get finished. My plan is to go to bed now and get up really early in the morning. So tomorrow I will need to make two pieces. Let's assume, I can do it.

Among other things, I've been busy today with organizing the forth edition of my ART ON 45 project, for which artists are asked to create a piece of art on or with a 45rpm record. The pieces are juried, exhibited, and then auctioned off to raise money for a valuable cause. The project has been increasingly successful simply because the works are so amazing and people love buying them.

Last year's proceeds went to DART, the local Domestic Abuse Resistance Team. Many artists took the cause as inspiration for their pieces. So did I. - This is my contribution from last year:



"He Said He Was Sorry"
Mixed media: torn paper, acrylics, colored pencils, ink, storybook clippings, on vinyl record

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Good luck with getting everything done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila! - Looks like you've been very busy, too. I love the small abstract pieces (5-8) that you did last week.

    ReplyDelete