Thursday, September 20, 2018

To Trust

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.
 
Day Nineteen:  "To Trust"
 
I used another Snow White for this piece.  Because this is about trust, and she obviously has trust issues, otherwise she would not have zoned out after the repeated attacks and betrayals by her stepmother (and father, who didn't care to do something about it. It doesn't count, that he didn't know, in my opinion), but would have moved on.

I want for her to be confident and to be able to trust herself and others, despite her traumatic experiences. 
 
I like the idea of spirit animals, especially cats, so I added a few to give her guidance and protection. I replaced the sun/moon by a butterfly to bring in the concept of transformation and to let her know that Spring and renewal are coming.

"To Trust"
Mixed media: acrylics, storybook clippings, ink, on canvas panel, 12" x 16"


1 comment: