Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Silence Of Growing Things

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day Twenty-Eight:  "The Silence Of Growing Things"

Generally, I am not a fan of those cheesy sayings that are written in big letters on some shabby chic wooden scraps, made to put them on the mantle of your fireplace. The all-time cheesiest is probably "Live Love Laugh", closely followed by "Life is better in flip-flops." 

Once in a while I get to read a good one though. That actually happened when I came across "Love the journey you choose." And I bought that piece of wood, not only to put it on a shelf but to make it the motto of my life.

On another occasion I was reading on a silver spoon that was hammered flat to become garden decor: "How lovely is the silence of growing things." Yes, how very lovely! 

This sentence holds so much truth and peace and contentment. It's like a mantra, I feel calm, when I say it a few times.

 "The Silence Of Growing Things"
Mixed media: acrylics, storybook clippings, ink, on canvas panel, 9" x 12"

1 comment: