Sunday, September 2, 2018

I Love You I Need You

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day Two:  "I Love You I need You"


I could have named this one "Let Go" as well. Or even make it my theme of the entire challenge.

Anyways, the skinned man is embracing the shell of a well-dressed woman. Sounds like the perfect match.

I do remember such relationships when love for someone got severely mixed up with expectations. Not healthy, people.

The red coat that I've used is part of a 1940s paper doll set that I found at a little antique shop a few years ago.

"I Love You I Need You"
Mixed media: fly leaves and clippings from vintage books, 1940s paper doll die cut, acrylic, on canvas panel, 12" x 12"


1 comment:

  1. Powerful ;) We found a huge antique shop in Phoenix. Only had about thirty minutes to look but we a planning a second trip. Treasures galore :)

    ReplyDelete