Saturday, September 1, 2018

Let Go

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day One:  "Let Go"



I feel good about this piece, even though I went in a completely different direction with it. I meant to do something funny or uplifting but it turned out looking a bit sad or depressing.

I named it "Let Go" because that's what I have been doing all year. Letting go of stuff, lots of stuff. It's my birth father walking there. I don't know if he's still alive. Even if, it's unlikely that I would meet him. That's okay. I'm good now.

"Let Go"
Cut-up book pages and clippings from storybooks, colored pencils, acrylics, ink; on canvas panel, "16 x "12.





6 comments:

  1. I don't find this depressing at all. It's is interesting, contemplative. I love how he's walking towards the free sky out of his confined space and world. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought was, light at the end of the tunnel. Doesn't feel sad, thoughtful, but not sad. It is always fun to read the materials you use ;) This is a favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your constant feedback, Sheila. i appreciate it very much.

      Delete
  3. I love this piece. It’s speaks to me in so many ways. I’m learning how to let things go. To just walk away from things. Being more present for my family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! - I know what you mean. Letting go seems to be one of the toughest things to learn - and one of the most valuable.

      Delete