Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Traveler

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.
Day Twenty-Three:  "Traveler"
 
Oh my, now I'm already two days behind ... This piece took me quite long with all those layers involved. Anyways - it's finished now, and I like how it turned out.
 
I used maps from an old atlas under a thin coat of gesso to make "a world" with diverse people living behind open or closed windows. Some people interact with each other, some don't. It seems peaceful.
 
The Traveler, barefoot and voyaging without luggage, wants to come in. The story of a migrant maybe.  How will he be received?  
 
"Traveler"
Mixed media: acrylics, old maps, gesso, storybook clippings, ink, on canvas panel,  20" x 16"
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! How long did this one take?? I think he will be welcomed. And maybe even be the start of a neighborhood block party. Ha ha ha! Come, you must hear his wonderful stories :)
    I had to blow this way up, and look at each and every window and occupant. I absolutely love it. Partly because it reminds me of reading as a child. Mostly because it looks like a happy abode ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! This one is amazing! I want it!!! Hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete