Friday, September 28, 2018

Whatever It Takes

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day Twenty-Six:  "Whatever It Takes"

It makes me so happy that this turned out the way how I intended it to be. You may have noticed thatI love using bookpages for all kinds of landscaping, so that's what I did here, too. I created a mellow water wave for the fish so they have a chance to be high enough to catch that drop of water. Some fish are more ambitious than others. But what for?

"Whatever It Takes"
Mixed media: acrylics, yellowed edges from a vintage novel, book clippings, sewing thread, on canvas panel, 16" x 20"

4 comments:

  1. LOve this. I think that is such a great use of old pages!! You have inspired me. LOL :) On two recent trips to an antique "mall", I looked for old books. So far, the ones I saw were too expensive to dismantle. But I will keep looking. I have only gone through about 1/4 of the shops there. The things that you think up!! Awesome month Christiane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, dear Sheila! - Regarding the books, I've seen watercolor paintings on old book pages and loved the look a lot. I'm excited to see what you are going to do with them.

      Delete
  2. I have seen those too Christiane, very cool :) Thanks for the cheering on ;)

    ReplyDelete