Sunday, September 9, 2018

The One

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day Nine:  "The One"

Glad to report that I am back on track!

I was working non-stop in my studio today and finished two pieces, #8 and 9. I'm done, and it's not even bedtime. I don't know how I did it, but I did it. Wow.

For today a made something about finding the love of your life. Which, for many reasons, seems to be difficult nowadays. I created a window-shopping scene in which a skinless person is admiring his own image in a storefront window. Perfect match!

Those old anatomy books are quite inspirational. I always look for them at book sales and usually find one or two. I love how the skeletons are so proudly posed and that each organ gets a lovely personality. I only wished there would be more female figures in those books.

"The One"
Mixed media: watercolor, ink, clippings from a vintage anatomy book, on watercolor paper, 15" x 11"

2 comments:

  1. Funny that women should be discriminated against even there. Well, not funny. I am sure those books are all written by men.
    This one strikes my funny bone. Even in his obviously flawed, "naked" state, he is sure that he is a stunning gift to the world.
    Guess it is just my experience in dating. No matter how flawed he may have been, he had the nerve to tell me I needed to be taller, thinner, prettier. LOL, Ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! - For those men you dated, it probably wasn't even about finding a true relationship from their perspective. I believe, those "flawed" men knew exactly about their own "flaws." That's why they were not really looking for love but for someone who can elevate his social status and prestige. These poor lost souls, they don't know what they are missing in life.

    ReplyDelete