Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Where Will I Stay

30 Paintings in 30 Days, hosted by fabulous artist Leslie Saeta.

Day Eighteen:  "Where Will I Stay"

Just two days ago I bought a book about the history of barn buildings at my favorite thrift store. How odd I thought. And today I've already got to use it excessively - there you go.

The bundled-up person is from a Snow White storybook, as she's looking for a place to stay, after having been lured into the woods for killing purposes. She's walking on a path through sinking - disappearing -  barns, yet towards the sun. Yes, there is going to be a place for you, for sure, there is. A place where you will love it, and where you will be safe. Just keep going, sister, keep going!

When I was finished with this piece I realized that somehow I was telling the biblical story of Mary in an updated way. Sort of.

And the story of all of us.

"Where Will I Stay"
Mixed media: acrylics, red and yellowed edges from a century old book, book clippings, ink, on canvas panel, 16" x 20" 

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is good! This really speaks to me. 1 little, two little, three little crooked barns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh my! This is one so amazing! I love the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete